A Recycling Tutorial using Alcohol Inks

 
Hi There
 
Well Im here at last with a few tutorials you have been asking for. I know I have neglected my blog recently, but life gets in the way at times :D
I promise there is more to come over the next few weeks.
 
This one I did quite a few years ago and it had got lost. I have now put it in the tutorial tab above. 
 Do you have a recycle bin at home and just throw all your cans away? Well here's what you can do with them.
 
Very carefully cut of the tops and bottoms (the edges can be quite sharp so be careful)
 Using an embossing folder run through your Cuttlebug or Bigshot.
On the picture below I then coloured with Alcohol Inks.


Also different cutting dies work great too. Here I embossed using Cuttlebug Embossing folders and cut out using Cuttlebug Butterflies and coloured using Tim's Alcohol Inks.




I love how this has turned out.The alcohol ink colours here were Meadow and Sherbert Pink.
 

Im just in the middle of preparing a Tutorial with my Melting pot. Its been great to get it out and have a messy old play again.
Also I'll be back in a couple of days on how to make your own embellshments.
Hugs for now
 

6 comments:

Marianne H said...

Thanks for a great idea!! Love it. Have a nice day.

Lou said...

I've collected a stack of fizzy cans for this exact purpose!! You've spurred me on to actually doing something with them- thank you!!

Diane said...

Thanks for posting this Debbie, I love doing this,but just don't seem to get the time to play !! Must try and make time !!

hugs Diane xx

Regina said...

What a wonderful idea Debbie!!! Love it!!! Thanks a lot for sharing!!
Regina

Valentina Pagan said...

Super gourgeos!!! ;)

mae said...

Great tutorial, Debbie! Thanks for sharing. Now, I have a reason to buy soda!
Hugs,
Mae

01 09 10